Tuesday, July 6, 2010

eatING


Any of you that know me probably saw this picture and wondered "What is HE doing on her page?!" Well, not to worry (or rejoice, depending on where your own persuasions lie) my politics haven't changed. However, I feel I must give credit where credit is due. While I have yet to really agree with Obama on his political choices thus far, the man knows a good breakfast when he sees--or rather, tastes one.

Pamela's P&G Diner in Pittsburgh. He visited last year during his stay in Pittsburgh for the G20 meetings and loved it--per all the media. Rumor has it, he has since even had Pamela's cater for a Whitehouse event.

So what's so great about Pamela's? The crepe pancakes! Dave and I ate them for the first time (hopfeully of many) on the 4th at the recomendation of Dave's boss, and the president. We loved it! The centers have this great eggy texture and the edges are this crispy almondy, vanilla-ey, buttery, lacy looking border. With or without syrup they are fabulous...and don't ruin them by getting the centers filled like a traditional crepe. Eat 'em like a stack of pancakes and enjoy.

Yum, yum, and yummo! That's all I can really say about them.

P.S. Expect more eatING posts...I'm obsessed. I heart food! :)

Photo Credit Dunand/AFP/GETTY via Rolling Stone

2 comments:

  1. Ali - I am a foodie blog addict! There are several that I follow, and if you are going to start talking about food, I will have to add you to my list. I have never been to Pam's but I will definitely give her a try. Sounds de-lish! Congrats on entering the community of bloggers. I know you love to write so this is a great forum for you. I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts! hugz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm... i heart food too. and i heart pittsburgh... this sorta makes me wish tom and i were kidless so we could go to pittsburgh with you and dave... that would be so fun. but, i love my kiddo, so that plan'll just have to go the way or our weddings! :) love you my friend :)

    ReplyDelete